DM other forum users

Is it possible to setup the ability to message other users directly? I have used this forum software before and the option to send a message when you click their username is missing.

That is enabled when you’ve reached Trust Level 1, as per https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

1 Like

Lol :man_facepalming: and I went through this before too.

1 Like

I have reached Trust Level 1 and this does not seem to be working still. Also I do not have an about me box to fill out my user bio for some reason. Others with the same trust level have been able to fill it out.

Weird right?

I’m not sure about the DM function, but I had trouble figuring out the bio as well. Finally figured out it comes from the About Me section on your main Trakt profile. Once you enter it there, it will show up here. :slight_smile:

I looked there as that is where it is on other sites that use this forum software and this is all that is shown.

It is usually just above the timezone menu option… right? Perhaps @justin knows what is going on.

That’s your Trakt profile here on the Discourse forums. If you go to your actual account profile in Trakt itself (https://trakt.tv/settings) and edit the About Me section there, then it will show up in your profile here on the Discourse forums. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I would have not even thought of that!

1 Like

For some reason this thread has been marked as solved although it itsn’t.

It would be nice to get an official answer whether direct messages have been completely disabled or the requirement has just been changed to something higher. At least I’d assume that something has been changed from the default permission settings.

1 Like

Clicked that by accident while trying out the feature and forgot to unclick. LOL

1 Like

Enabled. You can mark it solved now!

2 Likes

Or I can… I’m still learning too.

2 Likes

Awsome!

Thanks! I had somthing come up today where I was not able to respond until now.

Ha no worries. I should have marked it solved from the start. Justin saw my post and told me that I can mark things solved.

1 Like