Google LINK similar to IMDB and JustWatch

I have recently stumbled upon “What to Watch” and created a WATCHLIST = My Watchlist (Your Google watchlist).

This service doesn’t require a subscription. Just do a google search and click on the What to watch ICON. It is added to the watch list. I do not have to cut and paste the title from IMDb or JustWatch into a google search - seems as though this would save me a few steps.

This list is matched to my list of streaming services.

When viewed on google.com it shows where I may watch the movie.

IMDB and JustWatch are unable with free access to maintain my list of streaming services

Just a thought for the future.

I don’t quite understand this feature request. Can you post some screenshots explaining what you’re looking for?

Ok I see. I don’t think we’ll add a general google link like that unfortunately. Your browser might allow you to select the text, right click, and execute a search in that context menu.

GOOGLE when a movie title is searched allows it to be added to My Watchlist and shows where it is streaming.
IMDB when the link is followed allows for the Movie Title to be added to a watchlist and shows where it is streaming.
JustWatch when the link is followed allows for the Movie Title to be added to a watchlist and shows where it is streaming.

So why is Google who is relatively new to this game being left out?

I can highlight the movie text press CTRL+C access google by typing google and then pressing ENTER select the search bar/box and CTRL+V the ENTER
so … Mouse then 2 keys then type Google and press ENTER then Mouse to select search bar/box then 2 keys and press enter.

Instead of just clicking on a GOOGLE button.

Confused as to the reasoning TRAKT is taking a pass at this one.

I don’t think it makes sense to add search engines as quick links. The JustWatch link is there as part of our partnership. IMDB is a dedicated movie and tv site and industry standard.

Trakt has streaming links, but it appears you’ve turned them off?
https://trakt.tv/settings#watchnow

1 Like