Impossible to add older media (1900s-1930s) on release date

I’ve been trying to add certain media as watched, primarily shorts and films I’ve seen that are released between the dates provided in the title. I can add them to my library, I can give them a rating, I can add them to lists. But I can’t add them as watched unless I give them dates later than their official release date.

(I can add them with a specific (often much) later date, or an unknown date, but not their release date)

That makes sense as the likelihood of you having actually watched them on release date is incredible slim. This seems like a situation where you should be using unknown date rather than release date as the date of when you watched it is unknown

That shouldn’t matter.

The function is to ‘add on release date’, it has always worked before, now it doesn’t. So it’s an issue, that should be fixed.

I had this issue with 70s and 80s as well where I did watch on release date (was no other way back then). Not having that option is a pain.

Unless they specifically blocked in a certain starting date for the feature.

You’d have to be 95 to have watched on release in 1930, and 125 in 1900. Doubt there’s many people using this app in that age range, so it would make sense if they limited the feature intentionally.

This is indeed a case in favor of using “Unknown date,” a feature which wasn’t present on Trakt before and was specifically added for media you watched… well… at an unknown date.