Is it possible to track only selected episodes from seasons with shows?

Hi everyone

I’m a Kodi user which syncs all the shows I watch to Trakt. I want to start watching The X-Files (1993), but I don’t want to watch every single episode from every single season in chronological order, I want to only watch certain episodes from each season.

Would it be possible to have Trakt sync certain episodes to be automatically added to the ‘Up next to watch/Add to watch history section’ on the Trakt dashboard?

For more information I want to watch The X-Files (1993) in Route 1: The Conspiracy. Those episodes are as follows:

Season One

Pilot

Deep Throat

Fallen Angel

E.B.E.

The Erlenmeyer Flask

Season Two

Little Green Men

Duane Barry

Ascension

One Breath

Red Museum

Colony

End Game

Anasazi

Season Three

The Blessing Way

Paper Clip

Nisei

Piper Maru

Apocrypha

Wetwired

Talitha Cumi

Season Four

Herrenvolk

Musings Of A Cigarette-Smoking Man

Tunguska

Terma

Memento Mori

Tempus Fugit

Max

Zero Sum

Demons

Gethsemene

Season Five

Redux Parts 1&2

Christmas Carol

Emily

Patient X

The Red And The Black

The End

Season Six

The Beginning

S.R. 819

Two Fathers

One Son

Biogenesis

Season Seven

The Sixth Extinction Parts 1&2

Sein Und Zeit

Closure

En Ami

Requiem

Season Eight

Within

Without

The Gift

Per Manum

This Is Not Happening

Deadalive

Three Words

Vienen

Essence

Existence

Season Nine

Nothing Important Happened Today Parts 1&2

Trust No 1

Provenance

Providence

William

The Truth Parts 1&2

Worst case you could make a list. But I believe what you are looking for is an alternate order…

Details on how to use:

The X-files:
The X-Files: The X-Files Mythology - Trakt

Hope this helps!

arcreactor Yes alternate order is exactly what I’m looking for. Unfortunately that custom made ‘The X-Files Mythology’ set of select episodes isn’t everything I’m looking for, (as you can see in my OP).

How would I go about making my own alternate order ‘The X-Files’ list with the episodes and seasons I outlined in the OP? I can’t quite figure out how to do it.

We get Episode Groups(alternate orders) from TMDB so it would need to made over there. What is Route 1: The Conspiracy? Is it a DVD order or something like that?

I think ‘Route 1: The Conspiracy’ is just a fan made selection of hand picked episodes in each season during the show’s run that purely focuses on the alien conspiracy story ark. Link where I sourced it from is here - The X-Files: A Binge Guide for Beginners | Den of Geek So would I have to actually create the ‘Route 1: The Conspiracy’ list myself on TMDB or could someone do it for me?

I ask if it was a DVD order because I don’t know the guidelines on adding episode groups(not a lot of info on The Contribution Bible)Welcome to the Contribution Bible — The Movie Database (TMDB)

It does appear that they allow story order so I started it for you…
The X-Files (TV Series 1993-2018) - The Conspiracy (Story Arc) — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Thank you. I have added the rest of the episodes from the first 9 seasons to The Conspiracy (Story Arc) episode group list that you created, (not sure about which episodes qualify as apart of The Conspiracy (Story Arc) from season 10 or season 11, but when or if I find out I can always add those episodes from season 10 and season 11 later as well. .

Anyway, just checking The X-Files (1993) page here on trakt but the The Conspiracy (Story Arc) episode group list isn’t showing up from the dropdown menu. Does it normally take a little while for the changes made on TMDB to reflect on trakt?

Yeah, it usually takes some time for it to update TMDB’s API which then can update on Trakt’s end.

The later seasons were set years after season 9 as they revived the show 15 years later in 2016. The main storyline(What is shown on Den of Geek) ended in 2001 with season 9 as far as I am aware. I updated the description to match.

BTW I added the movie for you, it was listed as a special. And added “season 7”.

Never mind it is up now…

The X-Files: The Conspiracy - Trakt

Should we give credit to Den of Geek in the description?

Thank you very much arcreactor and yes I think it’s only fair that Den of Geek gets credit.

I’m not sure if your familiar with the Kodi Media Player but I’m using Kodi with the Trakt add-on. I tried watching The X-Files right now via Kodi but the episode scrobbling/syncing to my Trakt profile on the Trakt website seems to be set to the default ‘Original Air Date’ rather than the The Conspiracy (Story Arc) Episode Group that we just made.

Would you happen to know how I can redirect Kodi (with the Trakt add-on) to track The X-Files (1993) show’s progress to follow The Conspiracy Episode Group List we just made?

As to that, I unfortunately do not have much experience using Kodi with Trakt. I am unsure how episode groups are shown in Kodi, though I do believe when you watch a episode it will mark the correct one as watched in Trakt regardless of order.

How about tracking The Conspiracy Episode Group we just made from within Trakt itself? Is that possible to do?

For example - I just tried marking season 1, episode 2: Deep Throat as ‘add to watch history’ but on the Trakt website dashboard it’s still following the default Original Air Date order because in the ‘Up next to watch’ section it still says that season 1, episode 3: Squeeze is the next ep to watch where it SHOULD be saying that season 1, episode 10 Fallen Angel is next to watch.

Yes it is, so while you are on the main page for the episode group on Trakt…
The X-Files: The Conspiracy - Trakt
Click the button that says view progress.
It will then bring you to a custom progress page for that episode order.

Unfortunately there is not a way for it to show on your Trakt dashboard as of yet, far as I am aware, so what I recommend is that you bookmark the page. :crazy_face:

It is different for every user but the site for you should be…
https://trakt.tv/users/trackerguy31/progress?alternate_seasons=4147