Slow iOS App

Anyone else experiencing this?

For a couple of days now the iOS app is fairly slow in specific fetching processes at certain times of day (like right now 7:30pm GMT+1)

  • fetching data within a movie (details, actors, comments, lists, watch now and ratings)
  • sometimes causing a couldn’t load data error (retry usually does the trick)
  • happening on 5G and WiFi
  • only in App, Website works fine
    It’s noticeable slow but not extreme. Comments and lists (like collection) usually take the longest by roughly 8-10 seconds.

Just wanted to share this…

Edit: I’m on Version 1.13 (543)

Edit 2: Occasionally getting 502 Error Messages now
In the app and on the widgets

It seems like it’s more and more failing now by the minute. Had a gateway error on PC earlier on as well but mainly the app is acting up! This is happening for a few days now but right now it’s especially bad.

I am experiencing this as well. Search seems to be affected as well.

I have the latest iOS version. Website works fine.

I confirm I’ve seen this behaviour in the app as well.
Tracking something from “Continue Watching” took an unusual amount of time, eventually resolving itself after more than 10 seconds. I’ve also experienced the 502 error on the homepage.

We are looking into the issue, but it appears we need to upgrade one of the backend services. I am going to try and do that upgrade tonight.

Is the app working any better? I upgraded a backend service last night, but I’m still seeing some slower response times in our metrics.

Thank you Justin! :star_struck:
So far very responsive although I couldn’t do a longer test on it so far but I’ll come back if something’s not working properly again :wink:

EDIT: after using the app more frequently this evening I have to say it’s still slow at times but not as bad as yesterday

Thanks for the report. We hope to have some app improvements out next week which should greatly help the performance.

Still very slow here to the point I thought was down.

I don’t know if this has anything to do with Cloudflare having trouble at peak times but it is observably way worse in the evening hours in Central Europe. Because right now it’s working very well! But in the evening hours it’s really bad.

For me it’s getting worse on the iOS app and can’t get several things to display at all. Looking at the reported errors they’re all 502 errors thus I assume Cloudflare.

Same here. Bunch of 502 errors like the screenshots below.


All the mobile apps are basically unusable now.

Hi, same here for few hours now

Une the other hand the website since to work perfectly fine

Same problem here, slowness and 502 errors every time I mark as watched or rate anything. I hope you can fix it soon.

Thanks for your time and work.

Suddenly, the problem seems to be solved. Much quicker load times and no errors.

I’m posting updates on twitter and mastodon. We have a temporary fix in place for now. The apps will be updated this week with a more permanent fix.

New beta versions are out for iOS and Android. The public Android version should be out for everyone soon too. iOS is under review then will be public for everyone hopefully in 1-2 days.

This contains a more permanent fix for the performance issues.

Thank you for your ongoing work on this matter!

So far it’s working as it should.
As before I’ll come back here if anything changes :+1:t3::v:t3:

What is the version number for the latest iOS beta? No longer having any issues. I just want to make sure I have the latest installed.

1.13 — the beta and public App Store version are currently the same version.