Why are random movies and shows showing up in my Continue Watching?

Short description of the issue

  • I have recently had movies and shows I’ve seen and finished long ago randomly showing up in continue watching

Detailed description with additional context about the workflow

  • The other day I opened Trakt and all of a sudden I have under Continue Watching Popstar with only 54 minutes left to finish and I had seen it a long time ago. I’m on vacation and not even logging anything so how does a movie show up with 50 minutes watched at the very first spot of Continue Watching without me logging anything??

Screenshots and other visual aids

:label: Tag your post with new and/or classic, along with the platform (eg: iOS, android, web) to help us assist you faster.

This seems to be a recurring problem that’s happened a few times with different series and random episodes.