Deleted comments are counted on All Time Stats page

I believe this counts as a bug.

All time stats shows I have 2 comments. Go to my comments and there are 0.

This should be because I have deleted the only two comments I’ve made. I’m assuming there is a soft delete of comments and they are not filtered out from the count on all time stats page, but I’m often wrong. :upside_down_face:

To see it on my account:

1. Go to all time stats page (marlon_brambo's All Time Stats - Trakt)
  2. Click on the comments to go to the comment list page (marlon_brambo's comments - Trakt)

I was going to offer steps to reproduce like this:

1. Create new comment.
  2. Check stats page: Count of comments should be N.
  3. Click comments: Count of comments should be N.
  4. etc.

But on step 2, the stats page was not updated after about 15 minutes, several page refreshes, and even checking in private browser window. Could be that a rake task or something runs periodically to update stats, that the new comment was on a TV episode instead of movies, or that some change happened that new comments which are deleted don’t surface like ones before the hypothetical change. IDK. I tried though!

Don’t be surprised if when you check this my comments have gone up to 3 on the ATS page, and are 0 on my comments list page, because I did create and delete another (benign) comment.

Thanks!

It also counts your replies, which has 2.

Wild. didn’t notice that filter. Solved! Thanks again.

While I have you here. What’s different between a shout and a comment? I know shouts are a notion from last.fm, but I don’t do anything with last.fm aside from scrobble, so I don’t know what purpose it serves.

Comment is the general term. We auto classify short comments as “shouts” and longer comments as “reviews”.

1 Like