Notification for Movies that become available

I keep a “Pending” list, and it would be nice to know when a movie goes from a paid service to free, or from “in theaters” (yeah, right COVID) to becoming available on a streaming service.
Maybe could be a toggle on a list.
Apologies if this has been asked already, but I did search the forums.

Where to watch now comes from JustWatch. You might want to see if they have some similar functionality.

I’ve tried. They do not have an API (well, they do, but commercial only), so it is proactive (go to their site) versus reactive (get digest in my email for example)

I would love to see a deeper integration of JustWatch. I don’t want to maintain more than one watchlist. Or it would be great if I could sync my Trakt watchlist to JustWatch.

It would be great if you could look further into this in the future!

I want this feature too and am planning to look into it over the next few months. It would likely start with email based notifications for items on your watchlist that are now streaming on your favorite services. And later the mobile app can push similar notifications.

4 Likes

Email watch now notifications are available now.

2 Likes

Will there ever be a native android app push notification for the same situation?

Yes. We plan to do in app push notifications in a future update.

That’s great to hear, I have been using cinetrak but i would like to consolidate all info/lists/notifications into a single app.