Trakt userbase problem

this was actually a big problem for me in movies sites over the years. there is a site that the owners personally delete of those comments, but that´s impossible on userbase so big. so i just learned to ignore and move on those comments, i dont even report because it rarely works. maybe if there was a user block option it would help for some people i guess.

There’s an ignore option actually.

And also reporting works very fast on the website in my experience. I report comments that aren’t actually comments (where can I watch this, posting a watch order etc etc) all the time.

You can see the status of your reports of content and comments on the website too. Go to settings and then select the tab reports. I think that’s what it was called haha.

Could you not just have upsie/downsie vote buttons Reddit style? That tends to put trash comments out of most peoples view over time.

Amazing that this thread of “VIP”s attracted the same issue

2 Likes

The problem with that is people abuse it and genuine reviews get hidden

If someone gives a good review and other people disagree because they hated it, then they will downvote it and vice versa

I have never seen negative voting work very well on sites like this as people use it as a way to say they disagree, instead of using it to downvote trash comments

Personally i find it fine as it is, if people dont like comments from a certain user, then the block use feature can be used to hide them

5 Likes

Congratulations, now no one can speak…

But that is what you wanted right? I say we take it a step further and block all commenting site wide. It would definitely reduce moderation traffic.

3 Likes

1: This is now the second time you’re using the exact same argument. I’d highly advise you to stop using it (Your logical fallacy is slippery slope).

2: Keep it constructive. If you cannot add to the conversation in a productive way, don’t bother.

Haha, really now? That message couldn’t be more dishonest if it tried… Looking at wayback it had 10 reviews in June, now 13… Anyone clicking on that documentary knows what they’re getting into, who is this helping how exactly?

2 Likes

1: Actually it was sarcasm, pointing out the ridiculousness of keeping all from speaking on a subject…

I never said such a thing would or could happen, invalidating it as a slippery slope argument. According to…Your logical fallacy is slippery slope

Also there is a such thing as non-fallacious usage of slippery slope arguments…Slippery slope - Wikipedia
An example could be…

Like what is happening here, TVDB would ban people on the forum left and right, when they would disagree with how data was handled on the site. To the point where they made their forum read only and switched to a ticket only system, in effect removing any transparency/discussion. I do not wish for the same to happen to Trakt.

I do not think that will happen here on Trakt, hence my sarcasm.

2: Banning speech is not exactly constructive. And in my opinion protecting it is. But as I do not think I will change your mind on that, how about this constructive idea instead…

As the moderation post says, comments are still visible on member profiles and can still be left on the page. Could the same system be used to create private notes on movie/show pages? As it is a feature which has been requested for quite some time.

1 Like

One person flagging a comment shouldn’t make it flagged by the Community. You need to have a number more than 1 for fucks sake. Stop moderating posts, thank-you very much. Tired of the hurt feelings among the cream puffs.

4 Likes

I flagged your post because it isn’t in line with the guidelines set by Trakt. Also, please keep your contributions relevant to the topic. This isn’t Twitter.

2 Likes

Another “I only like comments I agree with” thread.

11 Likes