Changing rating date/time

Recently I went about matching my movies/series list from several sites, and thought about aggregating them on Trakt. And here lays the problem: while I can set arbitrary watch date, date of rating can be only current, which would not make sense.

Presently, I can set watch date to now, when I rate. I suggest a reverse option: if I mark something as Watched and have not yet rated it offer to rate it and set rating date to watched.

Or at least just editing rating date would be nice.

The Trakt API supports a custom rated at date, mostly so apps can sync previous data and retain the same dates. This is actually the first request I’ve seen about setting a rating date on the website. We never did that since it seemed like a mostly unnecessary step and would clutter the UI. In my opinion, when you rate it you are doing so now and not in the past.

Well, it can be said about any marks, nevertheless there is such an opportunity for watching and collecting.
As for cluttering UI, it being temparary need, it should be turned off by default.

Could you add the same functionality to lists in the api? Since the website has the ability to sort a list by the added date, it would be nice to have the ability to manually set when an item was added to the list as well. This would be useful for the same reason you mentioned about ratings, for syncing with apps.

I fully second being able to change the rated_at and/or watched_at date in the app. Right now I browse around, find a movie I watched 10 years ago that isn’t rated, and I want to rate it and mark it as watched, but then it will show up like I JUST watched it. I don’t want that. So currently each time this happens, I grab the id, rate it and choose an estimated rated_at date of 10 years ago, and the import the csv using the sync API. Such a manual process.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.