Filtering for Streaming Movies

Is there a way to filter new-release movies to the streaming platform they premiere on? I would love to create a list of original movies from Netflix, Prime, Disney+, etc.

I’m not sure the watch now data is accurate enough to know that. We store when links are added, but just because it’s first doesn’t mean it premiered on that platform first. A lot of times I see pre-release purchase options for example, before it’s available to stream on another service.

We have the concept of filtering by movie studio (go to any movie, and the studio name is clickable), but that isn’t going to contain the streaming service as a studio.

I’d be curious if the new Watch Now Notifications feature will be useful for you.

Can we get this without it being an email? If you know which streaming services they are on can you just use that a filter? Also, I would want to find movies that are coming to streaming platforms in order to add them to the watchlist, so, completely the reverse process.

Thanks for responding.

Yes, you can filter for streaming services throughout the site (calendar, movies, shows, your profile pages, etc). Is that what you’re looking for?

Yes, but you cannot filter the movies page or filter movies in the calendar page by streaming service.

It might be great to add “Streaming” below Trending or Box Office on the movies page, and a filter for Streaming Networks would be great in the calendar page.

If I’m missing something, please let me know where to find it.

It should be the first advanced filter. Did you disable functionality cookies? That could be why it’s not showing.

Nope. I’ve never seen anything other than what I’ve shown here. Below you can see no blocked cookies.

Is it only setup on a dev server?

Okay, it looks like there is a setting that says “Hide Watch Now Buttons.” I had that checked since I watch on an Amazon Fire TV and never my computer. Unchecking that showed the filter, which is unexpected.

I don’t think that should affect the filter, since it says to only hide the buttons. Just because I don’t want the watch now buttons doesn’t mean I don’t want to be able to filter results by streaming service.

I hope this helps.

If the watch now buttons are hidden, there would be no way to access the links. That’s why it hides the filter, since there would be no way to see the actual details where the item is steaming without that button.

Right, but I don’t care about the links. I only care about the filter. I want the filter but not the links. I think a lot of people, who don’t want to link our to a service, would still want to be able to filter by steamer.

Yeah, that’s a good point. I’ll re-enable it in advanced filters. If you’re filtering by a single streaming service, I can see it being useful. If you’re using 2+ then it’s less useful without the watch now buttons too.

Awesome! I don’t have cable, so I am just filtering by my favourites, so I can see which movies are available for me to jump over to my TV and start watching.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.