Hide old episodes of long running shows from Continue Watching / Progress

This is a fairly general problem that is applicable to many shows that are very long-running or timely (like sports or news). But I’m going to discuss my specific example.

So I’m watching the pro wrestling show AEW Dynamite. I started this year and I don’t really plan on going back to watch old episodes from the past. But when I mark an episode as watched, Continue Watching (on iOS) and Progress (on the website) bump AEW Dynamite up to the top and put the first episode of the show as “next up” for me.

Is there a way to avoid that happening while still having AEW Dynamite show back up in my Continue Watching / Progress when a new episode comes out? I could hide the show entirely from Continue Watching / Progress, but then I’d have to go find it manually every time I want to log an episode.

Ideally, I’d be able to hide previous seasons and the episodes from the current season that happened before I started watching.

Is this something that is currently possible or is something that’s on the product roadmap?

Thanks!

1 Like

Season can be hidden from the website progress page. First, click + view seasons, then click the ø icon next to any season.

In the Trakt iPhone app, long press any item in your up next card on the home tab. Choose hide seasons… and you can choose which ones to hide.

For performance reasons, we don’t currently have a way to ignore specific episodes.

1 Like

Thank you!

For performance reasons, we don’t currently have a way to ignore specific episodes.

Could this be a potential future feature for VIP members?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.