More Ad to history options

It would be nice to add on wich service i have watched a show. for example Infuse, movie theater, TV, Netflix …
So you could see, maybe in the year of review, how many hours you have spent on wich service.

That is a really good idea!!

A media center or app like Infuse (or Netflix using the browser sync plugin) will automatically track what you’re watching. We used to display the app a long time ago in Trakt version 1, but it became a privacy concern so we removed it. So, I don’t think we’ll be adding that back in unfortunately.

For movie theaters specifically, I do think there is a good opportunity there to gather additional info when you check in to a movie from the theater.

ok, my idea behind that is to see if a service is worth the money. We have so many streaming services like Netflix, Amazon… Most of the time i have to add a movie manually and the i could check where i have watched it too. So i could see, i have spent 100 hours on netflix and just 10 hours Disney + and decide if its worth spending the money.

For me that is when I am most likely to use the check in feature anyway as my family has a habit of pausing a movie to do other things.

Perhaps adding an option to filter history by streaming services? You may not be able to see exactly where you watched. But it would let you know what streaming service has the most content you have watched in the past.

I remember hearing about that. It was the potential abuse from scammers and copyright trolls, even if the data is inaccurate wasn’t it? If so there are a few videos/articles out there that need to make a update as they seem to show this as a issue.

The Problem is when you are living outside the USA that this wont work either. Star Trek Discovery for example, in the USA on CBS All Access and the Rest of the World Netflix. Same with Star Trek Picard, in the USA CBsŚ and rest of the World Amazon. And there are many more shows with the same Problem.

I assume you know you can change the country?

https://trakt.tv/settings#watchnow

Edit:wrong image

Also what if there was metadata for history just like collection? From what I understand you can not see what other people have as collection metadata now.

yes, that is exactly what i mean. There you could select on which platform you have watched the show.
Over here in Germany I have to watch Fear the walking dead and world beyond on Amazon Prime. There is no AMC over here.
If i klick on Amazon in the year of review it only shows the amazon originals. It shows 3 shows but i have probably watched 10 shows on Amazon because they do have the rights for the rest of the world.
Same with Star Trek Discovery, NBC All Access in the USA and Netflix the rest of the world.