New show in progress

Hi. When I add a show to my watchlist, it will show up in my calendar as their 1st episode starting that particular day. If I dont watch it that day, the next day I don’t have it come up as unwatched in progress, because I haven’t watched 1 episode as of yet. Is there a way to have it appear in there if not watched?

Like yesterday Netflix released The Night Agent, I made a note of it in my phone’s note section, as today it doesn’t show up in progress.

a show shouldn’t clear from your watchlist unless you start watching it, after which the remaining episodes will be in your progress list.

It seems odd to me, but my experience has been that old shows that are ENDED will add themselves to your progress page if you add them to a watchlist, but newer shows that are still airing will not. I am also in the dark as to how to force a newer show onto the progress list without actually marking anything as watched.

Go to… https://trakt.tv/settings#progress
and check the box that says Include Watchlisted, then scroll to the bottom and click save

It stays in my watchlist, I like it to stay in progress.

Well for it to show up in progress you have to either watch an episode, or include watchlist shows in progress like explained (or linked) above.

1 Like

I think I’ve found a workaround for what you are trying to do. I add all shows I want to get to eventually as “collected”. Then they show up in my progress list even if I haven’t started them yet (without showing in watchlist). I use my watchlist only for shows that haven’t started yet, because I want them to appear in my calendar.

That workaround still requires turning on the setting to included collected in the progress. So, I would suggest not misusing the collection and instead add to watchlist and turn on the include watchlisted setting as mentioned above.

3 Likes