šŸ’¬ New Trakt Feedback

There are icons across the top center of the pages. Media-Shows-Movies

You likely have it on Media, which is both

So those don’t actually exist on the actual Discover pages, so you have to go back to an entirely different page for it. Brilliant! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s on the top of all pages. It doesn’t float, so you have to go to the top of the page to change

But not on the detail pages of the discover sections for some reason

Right you are! Hadn’t noticed.

I don’t understand the business logic behind forcing people to use a version of the website where a number of features are fully broken or missing completely and then asking for them to pay a subscription fee. But then again, I guess I’m not one of the Big Brains in charge of this company…

25 Likes

When you drop a show on the home tab you end up getting an error page for ā€˜service unavailable’ it still drops the show after a refresh but really confusing it does that.

To the Trakt team: reverse this change, please. I am a user since 2015, and the website was perfect the way it was in v2. There was nothing that needed to change, only maintain the great website that it was. This new update is horrible, and I really mean it, it is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE. I am seriously considering moving to another website to track my stuff, and I never even thought of this before this update.

20 Likes

Temporary workaround to mark episodes as watched before US air date

Hi everyone,

I found a small workaround for the current issue where episodes that haven’t aired in the US can’t be marked as ā€œwatchedā€ for other countries.

Using your browser’s developer tools (Inspect element), you can remove the disabled attribute from the ā€œMark as Watchedā€ . After that, the button becomes clickable, allowing you to mark an episode as watched even if it hasn’t aired in the US yet.

:warning: Please note this is just a temporary hack until removal of this annoying feature.

I hope this helps others while an official fix or improvement to the UI is implemented.

1 Like

We are testing rats, I can’t get it working.It is non-functional for me.

3 Likes

Is there a way to see my history and not the calendar view?
To be able to filter that history by film or show and sort by ratings.
Is everyone’s profile essentially blank now? Where’s my ratings bar chart?
Why has the 10 point scale changed to 5 stars?Why can’t I see what I’ve rated unless I go to that film/show’s page? Where are the season pages/ratings?

Don’t get me wrong the UI changes are bad, but what really affects me is the removal of all the features that I’ve used every day for years.

12 Likes

Yes, additional click are cumbersome when you have multiple history items to check.

vs

Took me a while to find this..
Airdate and actual watch date should be visible on main page itself.

1 Like

Oh I didnt say it was GOOD, but that is the closest thing to a v3 alternative that they are offering.

1 Like

Please give us v2 back…

13 Likes

I am a vip member for over 12 years now and have loved trakt all that time, until now. The new apps and lite version are absolutely awful and I find it harder to find the link to the original layout. The new layouts are missing all of the additional features I use and if these disappear altogether then trakt is no longer any use to me. Just give us back what we had and paid for.

21 Likes

This was back in October…things are still a mess

4 Likes

How do you tt search now?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0157385/

Or import

DDG Bang operator !tki doesn’t seem to work for this one so I have to specifically import from tmdb id.

Can’t seem to find that advanced search in ddg android browser either.

The new version is just terrible. I loved the 10 star rating instead of the 5 one. Plus, now i can’t mark an entire season as watched and to rewatch an episode i need to open its page. Bring back v2!

23 Likes

Usually, I don’t post on the forum, but I can’t ignore the current situation. I’m still a happy VIP member, on v2 that is. v3 is horrible; I can get used to changes and new workflows (eventually), but v3 feels like a vibe-coded Trakt Lite.

If I lose all that v2 functionality, I’m gone.

24 Likes

I don’t even know what to say. Trakt used to be so incredibly useful. And now it’s… not.

Where did the progress page go? What’s with all the side scrolling? Why can’t I drill down to individual seasons of all my shows? And so many other things are just gone.

It seems that someone decided to make a bunch of design changes just to make it fit into a certain look without considering what that would do to functionality. The current version of the site is a completely unusable. Why? Please reconsider this and go back to something useful. Please.

44 Likes