💬 New Trakt Feedback

V3’s Total episode count does not seem to include the number of special episodes. Also, V3 does not have easy access to the Earliest/Latest Year like V2 does at the top of each season.

I also do not see a way to view all episodes of the series and/or to filter the episodes of a season to see only the remaining episodes NOT watched.

Then there is the issue with marking TBA episodes as watched on V3… Even the previously marked TBA episodes seems to have been removed from my watched history. Just because the episode does not have a date for whatever reason does not mean that it is not possible to have watched it.

3 Likes

you’ll be able to use the classic site until they remove it for all VIPs. The only reason it defaults is bad login/cookie storing. If you log out or get logged out again, sign in using https://trakt.tv/signin , which will also be removed at some point (probably when v2 is removed for everyone), and you won’t be redirected to v3 when you open the pages again.

1 Like

Here’s a ticket on the feedback platform:

Feel free to go vote there.

I don’t think so, they’ve said in their GitHub repo that they actually want to make the streak feel “less motivational” and therefore put less pressure on the user.

Here’s my feedback ticket exploring an alternative idea:

Here is something that is still missing from V3 that V2 has. (Blue Arrows to help locate what I am talking about.)

Issues with V3’s Series Page

  • Unable to view ALL episodes as opposed to only from 1 season
  • Unable to filter out the Watched Episodes to see only the Unwatched Episodes from the selected Season… Or just fade which ever episodes that from the options listed.
  • Unable to see the Earliest/Latest Year that from the selected Season
    • Just because the Show premiered in a year does not mean that there is not a special the aired even earlier.
    • I also like to easily view the years from Season and/or from the All Season together as observed above.
  • Unable to see the date when the episode aired without opening the episode
    • I don’t always know the name of an episode, but I may know the date that it aired… so this is important
  • Unable to see the Total Count of the Episodes on the screen
    • The count changes depending on the filter
    • Although a Total count is provided by V3… it does not include the number of specials
      • I currently have to do math in order to figure this number out when it used to be a quick glace
  • When the show airs are no longer easily found.
    • I have to figure it out by going to the actual episodes.
  • There is no bar to easily see how much of the show is watched
  • There is not a fraction to see who many episodes have been watch versus the total number of episodes.
  • The episode summary is not easily seen or able to easily be searched to try to help match with an episode just watched.
  • And I almost forgot, so there’s not an arrow, but V2 makes it simple to mark episodes as watched… one click as opposed to V3’s multiple clicks

Issues with viewing V3’s History

  • Unable to view history by Show as opposed to Episodes/Movie/All
    • This is my favorite way to view my watch history in order to easily see how many shows I have watched recently.
    • I watch too many episodes at once, so simplifying this is a must
  • The total shows/episodes/movies watched count is not included.
  • Unable to remove the Dates separations does not seem to be an option.
  • Unable to filter by a particular streaming service.
  • Unable to fade/filter out certain episodes/shows/movies
  • I do not see a way to easily export my watch history
  • Unable to change the history depending on preference at the time.

This is not everything I like better about V2, but it’s a lot that V3 still seems to be lacking.

14 Likes

@CanePlayz I’m Confused. :confused::exclamation_question_mark::confused::exclamation_question_mark::confused::exclamation_question_mark::confused::exclamation_question_mark::confused:

Last poster said they couldn’t manage their VIP sub in v3

Oh yeah… that’s an annoying issue. I could figure it out and then keep the site open on a web tab that never closes.

But Trakt really does not seem to want paying customers anymore, so I’m not going to complain about it.

Oh sorry, I missed the vip part in your URL. For me, it works. Would you mind reporting this issue to the devs on GitHub?

try a different browser or use incognito/private browsing. also if you have any browser extensions or addons those could be keeping the page from loading correctly.

and you can still access the old trakt for now, if it’s redirecting you try signing out and back in again. try using the secure version of the urls as well

https://trakt.tv/dashboard

https://trakt.tv/signin

@otakunet21 didn’t suggest that as a permanent solution, but trying these things can certainly help diagnosing the issue

it’s common practice to try other browsers because every browser still functions differently. and like @CanePlayz said, it’s a temporary option to test the situation. i have no issue with the page loading and i use firefox

1 Like

Probably best to post these on the feedback platform https://roadmap.trakt.tv/en?sortBy=date%3Adesc

The best thing would be posting all these use cases separately.

1 Like

I really miss being able to export both my progress list and my watchlist to come. Did I miss something or are these not available on the new updated site?

there’s a section in settings just for exporting. look in https://app.trakt.tv/settings/data for exporting

it puts everything into a zip file and says it may take a while

Does it include my watchlist and in progress? I don’t need everything. Just those two. And is it a .csv file?

it’s a lot of things put into the zip file. the contents are all .json files. my zip had 54 files for notes, watched history for movies, watched history for tv shows, personal lists, etc

JSON Export are basically useless to me. I don’t know why they are changing the export format from the CSV Export they were using before.

  • Exporting directly to an Excel Sheet makes more sense to me and makes the information easier to read/use.

I have tried multiple times to use the JSON files, but I just cannot figure them out. :woman_shrugging:

If you have MS Excel, it’s fairly simple to convert a json to csv

Yeah… Sure.

I have tried several ways I have found online, but it just does not want to convert correctly and or just gives an error message. :frowning:

I am not that tech savvy… so JSON is pretty much useless to me. I really rather have the easier CSV export that V2 always had.

1 Like