Plex sync help

How can I sync what watched already into Plex?

I’m not a Plex expert, but I don’t think they support a two way sync. If it’s ever offered we’ll take advantage of it.

Hi!, yes you can! I’ve been using Plex-Trakt-Scrobbler for a long time now. It has many more features, but it can do what you asked.

1 Like

Hi thanks so this can do a 2 way sync

Yep. this supports 2 way sync. It’s not that hard to set it up. But if you have any questions, ask me and I will try to answer them.

Thank you for your reply. Can please ask you if I don’t run my own server can I still set it up.
I’ve got access to some of my friend’s servers and use a firestick or android phone to watch Plex.

ohh, unfortunately no, you can’t. The plugin has to be installed on the server itself. In that case, you will have to ask your friend to do it for you and set a restriction so only your plex user can send or receive data from trakt. But you will have to give him acces to your account to connect the plugin. Not very safe tbh.

Thanks for your help, it’s unfortunately trakt doesn’t support this feature hopefully one day in the future.

For reference - Trakt’s VIP Plex scrobbler - blog post.

It is currently only a one-way sync.

did plex not stop supporting plugins?

Yes, they removed plugins from the UI quite a while ago. They still technically work, but it seems they will completely remove them at some point.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.