Can deleted entries be restored?

https://trakt.tv/shows/dr-death-2018
https://trakt.tv/shows/the-official-trial-of-the-chicago-7-podcast

These two entries were deleted when they didn’t need to be. Their source is TVDB so they can’t be re-imported.

Those are both podcasts and shouldn’t be listed as TV shows, so it seems deleting them was the correct move.

1 Like

Couldn’t how they’re listed be changed? It’s listed as a podcast on TVDB.

I think TVDB is incorrect, podcasts shouldn’t be listed as a TV show since they’re not a TV show :smiley:

2 Likes

They’re not listed as a TV show though. They’re listed as a series, which they are.

Podcasts should definitely be allowed on Trakt. The site is great for them.

But Trakt is for TV and movies, not for podcasts, or book series, theatre plays, music, or games series or whatever.

Trakt is a platform that does many things, but primarily keeps track of TV shows and movies you watch. It integrates with your media center or home theater PC to enable scrobbling, so everything is automatic. Some people like to check in from their phone, so we enable that too.

Podcasts and TV shows are a lot closer than everything else you listed. They’re audio dramas.

Trakt is a platform that does many things, but primarily keeps track of TV shows and movies you watch. It integrates with your media center or home theater PC to enable scrobbling, so everything is automatic. Some people like to check in from their phone, so we enable that too.
[/quote]

And emphasis mine.

You even emphasized watch. Last time I checked you can’t watch an audio medium.

Including podcasts would open a whole can of worms that it doesn’t sound like Justin is interested in, especially as everything is transitioning to TMDB, which doesn’t support podcasts.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean to emphasize watch. Meant to remove the other user’s emphasis.

Plenty of podcasts have video versions anyway.

And what can of worms? Podcasts hardly ever have specials and the episodes are almost always clearly numbered. They are very easy to add.

And transitioning to TMDB which doesn’t support TVDB has been a problem since it started, a mostly unaddressed one I may add, and the solution to it should not be to restrict the site.

I don’t think Trakt ever intended to support podcasts…. Just because tvdb decided randomly that something was a series. Doesn’t mean it is… same with random comedy specials by some comedian being a series on tvdb. Like what the actual heck?

Edited because of typos. Wow I really can’t typo on mobile.

1 Like

Trakt was always intended to be a tracking website that pulled data from sites like TVDB.

So actually yeah, just because TVDB correctly decided it’s a series then Trakt should allow it. And just because Trakt is leaving TVDB doesn’t mean they should abandon all the data being added from TVDB just because a deal couldn’t be made.

Because why on Earth not? Podcasts are content that have episodes released regularly just like TV shows. The utility provided by Trakt applies to them perfectly.

And it’s not like you’re forced to add them. Let people who want to track podcasts do so.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.