What's the official stance on podcasts and web content?

TMDB doesn’t support podcasts and it only supports some web content.

What’s the official stance on what we do with these?
Is it possible to retain TVDB sync for these items only?

If we are keeping them for now, would it be possible to filter them out of the transition section? I find it can be hard to navigate certain sections of the list because they’re mostly podcasts/web content.
Podcasts should be easy enough (I hope), as TVDB has a podcast genre. Perhaps we could report web content to be hidden in a separate category until a decision is reached?

I don’t think podcasts belong in the tv section, it should be completely separate from tv and movies. I guess TVDB allows them since podcasts are episode based.

I’m not quite sure what to do with any existing podcasts on the site. Web series might be allowed on TMDB in some cases, for the others we can keep them on Trakt, just without any further updates. If it’s already ended, that’s not a big deal. For ongoing web shows that is a challenge and I don’t have an answer to that yet.

I agree that podcasts make more sense as a distinct media type. It’s a shame there’s not an open database like TMBD/TVDB that focuses on them.

I personally don’t use Trakt to record watches of game playthroughs and other similar YouTube content but I can see it being a useful tool for that. I suppose watching that sort of content is a modern version of TV watching for some people, so it makes some sense that it’s on here.

What I’m hoping for in the case that they remain is a way to hide them here:
https://trakt.tv/transition/tmdb/

It doesn’t make sense to me that they’d be included in the count of things to migrate if they’re not going to be migrated, and I’ve found these ‘shows’ and podcasts make it more difficult to go through the titles left to be processed.

Webseries are allowed, you only have to keep the amateur content guidelines in mind.

You said here that them being deleted is the right move, contrary to what you said here and earlier that “A show that only exists on TVDB will remain on Trakt.”

it should be completely separate from tv and movies

Wouldn’t mind that at all.

Yeah, those make sense. I should’ve been clearer. It’s ‘shows’ like this that I don’t think will fly on TMDB:

I don’t think, necessarily, that they should be removed from Trakt. I’d just like to hide them from the Transition section.