Mark movie/show as "not interested at all"

There are movies and shows I know I am never gonna watch. Can I mark them as “not interested” so they won’t show up in a search anymore? I don’t want to make a list with all of them, just get them out of view when I search for something.

Example: I sometimes search for genres or streaming services to see what has been added recently, but the same things keep showing up and I have to click through pages of things I already added to my watchlist, watched or am not interested in watching at all.

2 Likes

Anything collected ends up in next to watch. Would love a button to ignore the series for now.

I have a list for all shows I am not interested in. With a search you can then add a filter “Hide” - “Listed”. This then hides all shows on any list. That works for me as it hides all shows on my watchlist and on this “ignore” list.

It is not as easy as a special button but works for my use cases.

I think @Besenwiesler’s list solution is probably your best bet.

In the big picture, if users might click a “not interested at all” or a “hide everywhere” button:

• The unhide feature would be lengthy and hard to manage - think about the current “Hidden Items” section and how it’s already a bit lengthy and hard to manage
  • Users would wonder why they weren’t able to find something that they’d forgotten they’d hidden
  • Search results would be inaccurate/incomplete
  • User support would get many tickets and it’d be hard to support

If you can think of ways to easily overcome some of these issues, I’m interested in reading.

@Starminder I may be misunderstanding you, but check out hiding shows. edit: new hiding shows link

2 Likes

Makes sense. If I make a “not-Watchlist” though, I wish I could filter, which lists I could hide while searching. Currenly, my lists only include items that I want to watch or already have, is I include other items as well, it might screw up other searched of shows, like when I specifically want to see all the items I have on lists to search for something to watch. Since I can’t search or filter my watchlist by genre or lengh etc, the search is still the best spot to search for listed things to watch.

There is no “recently added” filter in searches, is there? Especially to figure out which content my favorite streaming services just added (even though it might not be complete).

@Kate - This exactly what I wanted, not sure how I missed it. Thank you!

1 Like

@MissTyne All very good points.

So then is sorting your watchlist by genre or length what you’re really asking for?

I’d love to be able to sort/filter my watchlist and other lists like I can sort and filter a search, yes!

Althoughh it is something different than to be able to exclude only certain lists in searches, but filtering lists would be amazing as well. Of course adding more than one movie to a list at the same time would be great as well, but one wouldn’t ask for everything, right? :smiley:

Please see Advanced filtering expanded to more places

Specifically: This seems like it should be an easy thing to do, but it is not. The filtering requires accessing user’s history, ratings, etc for all episode, season, show and movie data and potentially others’ histories and interactions depending on how you filter, not just the show’s static data. This becomes a huge, data-heavy process that would be slow and would end up getting more complaints than positives.

Sorting a field that’s already there should be more feasible. And I’m not sure what you meant by length, but you currently can sort a list by Runtime.

For genres, potentially we can come up with a picker like for your favorite subscription services.

I understand. But you also filter by hiding/fading user-specific things in the normal search, don’t you? So you already have implemented this in a way. Could that be made more specific? Like not hide all listed items, but only items from specific lists? Maybe it would be hard to do in a new place like the lists itself, but what if lists would become a part of the filter in searches?
It would probably still be complicated, I guess. But listing thousands of search results is data-heavy as well, although not user-specific.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.