Rewatch a movie list or collection

Hi team,

I’m currently re-watching the MCU and I don’t have an easy way to know which movies I’ve watched since I started the re-watch (at least not that I’m aware of).

My proposal here would be to have a button similar to the “Rewatch this show” but for lists or movie collections (by collection I mean this: Iron Man Collection - Trakt).

The only way to do this at the moment is to order the list by “Recently Watched”, but then the list’s original order is all messed up, so it’s not easy to find the next one to watch.

Thanks for the great job so far on Trakt

What would be really cool is if you could make up a list, or take someone else’s list, and turn that list into a “show” that appears on Up Next and you progress through it like you would an actual series.

The idea to rewatch an entire list or collection would be an extension of this function. However, by default (or at least the first time around), making a list into a show disregards your watch status for whatever is in that list. For example, if a list has ten movies and you’ve already watched two of them, it still shows those two movies in Up Next according to the list order with the assumption you wanted to track the list in its entirety.

3 Likes

For each movie you can see how many times it has been watched, so from there you can infer if it has been rewatched.

That’s right @jduartedj, but you need to go through each movie’s “play” button to check the number of plays. And if you want to see if you’ve re-watched from a specific date, you need to enter the movie’s page and then check its history.

True, and I back your request for this feature, it seems to be an awesome feature!
I just wanted to provide further insights/options with what you have today.

1 Like

This is an interesting idea and I see your point about wanting to reset the progress within the list itself. The main issue is the watched icons are currently independent of the list itself, and applied on a more global scale.

I’ll need to look into this more and see if this is possible. Your web browser is actually doing most of the calculations and turning on the watched icon. That logic would need a major update that looks at the specific date of each play.

Understood, thanks for the info @justin