Stability Issues

Hi,

I am a longish term VIP user and over the last few months I have been getting more and more time out issues from a 3rd part app I use (cathode), this isn’t usually a problem as I normally just head to the website and update things manually, however I am pretty much constantly getting a 524 timeout error from cloudflare, I am hitting the cloudflare London server fine and then I get a timeout from the trakt servers. After a few refreshes I can normally get logged in, but then it can take me two or three attempts to get things logged as watched or add them to my watchlist.

Are there capacity issues with the EU? I love trakt, but it just isn’t working reliably for me at the moment, I really don’t want to move to another service or stop paying for your work as when it works trakt is by far the best service I have tried (hence the loyalty).

Sorry for the vent / rant, but it’s getting incredibly frustrating!

Just putting out here that in my part of the EU, Netherlands, no issues here.

1 Like

Thank you! Maybe it’s just me then! :slight_smile:

I did just have a quick look on twitter and notice they put something out a couple of days ago about it… whops!

This usually means your account has too much data and its not able to load correctly. We’ll need to look at your account specifically, please email support@trakt.tv with your username. A 3rd party app most likely synced a lot of extra duplicate data with your account, that is typically the cause we see for timeouts.

I’ve emailed support :slight_smile: I did notice that some TV episodes had many thousands of views in my history so it could be to do with that? Thanks!

I get this in the UK

Didnt realise it was todo with how much data you use

I must just watch too much tv :frowning:

Be interesting to hear what support come back with

Now that I’m seeing this post and browsing the new forums, I’ve also seen the cloud flare message a few times while going through my recently watched and adding ratings

We’d need to look into your account specifically, it depends on your user data.

Have worked through the problem with @justin, turns out I had over 400,000 views due to an error in Cathode (a 3rd party app) which was causing the issues. We have removed about 370,000 views and everything is working as expected. So if anyone has this problem in the future it might be worth checking your episode views!

1 Like

400,000?!?! :scream_cat: :exploding_head: The horror.

@justin :crossed_fingers: Here’s hoping you have a way to keep this from happening again, even though it is a 3rd party app.

No S*** :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have had several issues with the app I use, Series Guide, when adding shows it has on several occasions added that I have watched each episode 3 or 4 times.
What I do now is come on to the website and look at my History and compare the “Items” quantity to the “Play” quantity. If this is different then I know I have a problem and then look to find the “Extra” plays and delete them.
A pain, but it keeps my history clean.