Country of a serie

Hi all, fixing the Top of The Lake serie on TMDB, I noted that the origin country field on TMDB is filled with many countries: Australia, New Zealand, United States and United Kingdom.

Anyway on Trakt, the field I guess it takes this info, i.e. “Country” field in the main page of the serie, is filled with the first country of the list, Australia.

Could there be a chance to see on Trakt all the countries listed on TMDB?

I have always found this field to be kind of useless, as it is all about the production companies involved, not necessarily the place where the story is set or where it’s targeted. And those production companies may only be contributing money.

1 Like

Agree, i would prefer original language that is spoken, no limit, like a movie about ww2, like Good evening herr Wallenberg, spoken language are Swedish, hungarian, german, and a little english in that order. Dubbings not allowed

Sorry but I have to disagree!

The usage of the country in regards to the production company is absolutely correct and universally used that way.

If BMW produces cars in a factory in the USA it doesn’t make it an American Car. It’s still a German car, hence the production company.

After a while, I clarified with TMDB guys and they said that in case of multiple countries: “The origin country is normally the first of the production countries where the movie or series has been released”.
So it means that on TMDB there will be always one country only, and I think that this is correct.