Issue with Add to History

This morning as I was adding some ratings to Trakt from items I watched last night, I noticed that I didn’t have any watch history for Season 1 of ‘The Boys’ as I watched it on Amazon Prime app on my TV.

When I added a history play (just selected a date from last year), Trakt said that it was added via the green message bar, but when I refreshed the show, it timestamped it with todays date and time (the time was 7 hours incorrect though).

I tried several steps to remedy, reset all plays and tried again but it didn’t work. The weird thing is that episodes 1/3/4/5/6/7/8 all had incorrect time stamps with todays date/time (but time was 7 hours incorrect) and episode 2 was correct. I didn’t do anything different when adding the play to episode 2 but for some reason it recorded in the database correctly.

Can you double check your computer time zone is correct? And that your Trakt time zone is correct in the settings?

Yea, I’m in San Diego so Trakt is set to Los Angeles and my iPad says Cupertino. It was set to Set Automatically. I toggled it off, set it to San Diego and toggled it back on again.

After I did that, I tried setting the history on episode 01x03 and the site did the same thing. I can send additional screenshots if you need

I’m also in San Diego :smiley: I’m not really sure why the time is getting messed up, it sounds like you have it setup correctly. Does it work on any other devices or in a private browser window?

It’s a great city, I love it here! Fortunately I get to work from home so I’ve been quarantined for years lol! Hope your safe between the COVID, the heat wave and the fires! 2020 is a year for the books!

I logged out of the site, switched to private browsing and tried again. I have the same issue on iPad and iPhone both with private browsing and without. iPad was logged with with Apple and iPhone was email and password (just to check if that might be it).

I switched to Chrome and logged in via Google and still get the same result but with a different show.

I switched to an iOS app that I use called “Watcht” and it let me Add at Date to a previous date and when I went to the episode on the iPad it had the correct date that I selected from the app.

So the good news is I have a workaround, it’s just not as efficient as using the site directly.

Still, I love Trakt and all the interfaces it provides!!