Late to the TVDb / TMDb Conversion Party

I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have looked at various topics and can’t really find what I am after.
As the title suggests I am a bit late to look at all this conversion stuff going on between the 2 databases, but I have fallen foul off what is going on with a show that I watch.

So a few questions if someone might like to help me out:

1. Where, if anywhere, is there an A-Z of what you can do to help (laymans terms please).
  2. If I change something on TMDb does it automatically get updated now on Trakt and if so what, if any, effect does this have on the comparison that has already been done, does it change that?
  3. If TMDb is updated with correct information but it does not match the TVDb (wrong) information on the database how will this ever turn to green as the TVDb is unable to be changed now (if I understand correctly, at least I can’t log in like I used to be able to).

Sorry for the basic questions, I’m sure most of you are way ahead of me on this and these are rookie things that you learnt ages ago.

Here are some links to check out:

Transition Blog Post
How Trakt gets updated

Anytime a show on Trakt is updated, the transition table is updated as well.

Contact Support at https://support.trakt.tv/ to report any shows that aren’t updating or can’t be fixed and we’ll see what we can do behind the scenes.
Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 2.00.21 PM

1 Like

Thank you Kate, I shall have a read.

1 Like