"Only Visible to Me" / "Hide Activity from..." option per title for Check In, Collection, & Plays

There are certain titles that I still want to keep in my Trakt collection and my watch history, but that I don’t necessarily want published in my public feed–or potentially even from specific people I’ve added on Trakt.

If my mother joined, for instance, there are certain things she just doesn’t need to know I’m watching or that are in my collection

So an option to “hide this title from public feed,” “make my activity for this title only visible to me,” or a way to create groups within my friends on Trakt, ie “Activity for this title visible to everyone but ‘Family’ and ‘Students’” etc.

More granular controls over public/private settings is definitely something Trakt should implement, but I think you might be asking for a bit too much granularity, or at least more than I’d ever expect. My recommendations are a bit higher level. Privacy should at least be separate toggles for each of Plex’s primary features, i.e. collection, history, ratings, lists, etc. should all be individual options. I should be able to have my collection and watch history private, but my ratings and some lists public. Because maybe I don’t mind people knowing I gave Will Farrell’s seminal work Elf a 10/10, but I don’t need the world to know I watch it three times a day.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s very realistic… if you’re ashamed if what you watch toward certain people, either don’t let them know you’re on Trakt, or don’t log the stuff.

All of these data is heavily cached and shared, which is the main reason we don’t support a feature like this. Maybe we will one day, but it is actually quite a large undertaking to make sure the caching still remains beneficial when looking at your profile data.

The solution to this was right in front of me this whole time: the Trakt add-on for Kodi has an option in the settings to exclude a path. All I had to do was put the titles I don’t want appearing in my Trakt history in the same folder and use that setting, and they are no longer scrobbled. This has the added benefit of allowing me to create a “kid/family-friendly” Kodi account that doesn’t include that path in the library.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.